Red Dead Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for our red dead stories

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Will Follow You Into Darkness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

I Will Follow You Into Darkness Empty
PostSubject: I Will Follow You Into Darkness   I Will Follow You Into Darkness EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 7:48 am

It was two days ride from the place Jake and Michael currently called home, to Sara's grave.

It was Isabella that had chosen the spot. That had braved the wreckage of the fire and laid her sister to rest far away from the life she'd made with Jake. After that fateful night, Isabella had presumed Jake dead too. Taken by his gang to face whatever fate they'd dreamed up for him. She had no idea he'd dragged himself - with his throat slit - from a shallow grave nearby and had somehow made it to a road on survival instinct alone.. where he'd been picked up by none other than Michael O'Driscoll.

Once he'd recovered, he'd tracked Isabella down and she'd told him where she'd buried Sara. A pretty, shady spot under a strong tree that would protect her like the man she loved had failed to do.

Jake visited often, and this day, Michael had decided to come with him. A surprise to Jake, but it seemed like every day they just grew closer, more involved in one anothers lives.

The soft thud of their horses hooves on the dirt track, becomes softer still as they turn from the road and head up a clover covered hill. The sturdy tree at the top cast its shade all around, and the simple cross marker of Sara's grave sat under it's protection. Jake felt the familiar clench of a fist around his heart as he brought Blue to a stop, dropping down from his horse and taking a knee beside the mound of earth.

Behind him, Michael too dismounted, but remained quiet for a while. Letting Jake have this moment to remember life as it was.

"Three years, and I still miss her." He mutters, hearing nothing but the creak of Michaels leather coat in response, "three years, and some of them are still breathing."

"Not for much longer." Michael rumbles quietly behind him. "We'll find them."

Jake rises to his feet, his fingertips gently brushing the wood of the cross as he draws in a deep breath and looks out across the fields. He glances back to Michael. "I need a minute.."

The other man gives him a small nod. "Take your time."

With that, Jake lights a cigarette and wanders a little further down the hill. Gathering his thoughts.

Back beside the grave, Michael narrows his eyes and studies Sara's grave, as though he could see through it to the ashes beneath. Crouching, he puts his hand on the dirt. "Trust me, you're in a better place."

"Who the fuck are you? What are you doing at my sisters gave?"

The female voice is accompanied by the click of a hammer drawing back on a revolver. A nasty smirk crawls across Michaels face, and in the beat of a heart he's drawn his guns and faces the source of the voice.

She doesn't back down.

"Sister?" He asks in a growl. His brow quirks, his hands don't waver. "You're Sara's sister?"

"Are you one of them?" She snarls, "Where's Jake? What did you do with him?"

Michael's vicious smirk becomes a wolfs smile. "You should probably ask him.."

A look of realization, dawns across Isabella's face. Her grip on the gun finally wavering. "You're Michael?"

"He told you about me?" He asks.

"He tells me everything."

"I doubt that." Michael hisses.

It wasn't quite the introduction Jake had in mind. In fact, he'd been hoping they'd never meet at all. But as he returns to the brow of that hill, his heart stops cold.

"Stop!" He bolts the short distance and gets between them, three guns now rested on him. It forces both of them to switch their aim. "Wait! Michael... this is..."

"I know who it is." Michael softens the look on his face, "but she drew on me."

"Isabella..." Jake looks across to her, and she clenches her teeth, "this is.."

She cuts him off, lowering her weapon at last. "He told me."

Jake crosses to her, a confused frown on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"At my sisters grave?" She laughs bitterly.

Running his hand over his face, Jake rephrases. "You followed me, didn't you.." it wasn't even a question.

Isabella holsters her gun. Michael finally lowers his.

"I guess you taught me too well." She answers.

Sighing heavily, Jake looks between them.

He still wasn't ready for his worlds to collide. But it looked like they had other ideas.
Back to top Go down
https://reddeadstories.forumotion.com

I Will Follow You Into Darkness
Page 1 of 1