Red Dead Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for our red dead stories

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Sweet Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Home Sweet Home Empty
PostSubject: Home Sweet Home   Home Sweet Home EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 8:40 am

"Tell me how you, the big bad outlaw, always ends up helping others?" Heather brushed Charlotte's hair back and braided it neatly.

"Yuliy is your friend, so technically this good deed is on you, Darling."

"I suppose neither of us is as bad as we think huh?" Heather winked.

Charlotte laughed and stood to wipe sweat from Ripley's brow. She'd still been pretty out of it since waking up, but as far as Charlotte could tell she was on the up and up. The boys had made a right mess of her wound, but it was healing fine now.

"I finally get you back and now I have to share you."

Charlotte wrapped her arms around Heather's waist, poking fun at her childish pout.

"She'll be on her feet and able to travel before you know it, play nice."

"Ripley isn't even the problem, even if she is blatantly sweet on you."

Charlotte stifled a giggle at the sarcasm dripping from Heather's words.

"I'm serious Char, that Michael character rubs me all the wrong ways."

Charlotte pulled Heather closer to her, planting soft kisses along her jaw as she whispered, "They'll be gone before you know it and we'll have some time to ourselves."

A sound of disgust came from behind them. Heather turned around to see Yuliy looking thoroughly unimpressed. She laughed and signed a halfhearted apology, taking Charlotte's hand and leaving Yuliy with Ripley.

Jake sat at the table, a cold cup of coffee abandoned in front of him, "How is she doing?"

Charlotte smiled and took the cup to the sink, "She is hanging in there, she's sleeping again. It's normal, fighting the infection is tiring. You on the other hand look like shit. I've made up some blankets beside her bed, go. Get some rest, before I drug you too."

He nodded and shuffled to the bedroom. Seras trotted after him, probably looking for Yuliy.

"Ladies." Michael appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, at the front door. It took everything in Heather not to shudder.

"Michael, Morning. I made some coffee." Charlotte said handing him a cup. He took it with a nod only to put the full cup down on the table.

"How long until it's safe for Ripley to travel?"

"Three days, maybe less."

Heather placed her revolver down on the table loudly and began to clean it, her eyes boring into Michael.

He nodded, a faint acknowledgement, then walked straight back out the door.

"Must you always be so intense?" Charlotte fussed.

"I told you. I don't like that man. I know he's the reason Yuliy disappeared."

"Yuliy is fine." Charlotte countered.

"Mmm."

Charlotte rolled her eyes, "I'm going into town, we're going through bread like it's on fire. Do you want to come?"

"God, yes." Heather laughed and holstered her gun, "Get me out of here."

Charlotte stuck her head in the bedroom, Jake was finally asleep, and Yuliy sat quietly with Seras on his lap. His lanky legs made for a wonderful perch for the big wolf. Watch them Charlotte signed to him and he nodded.

Heather called Gunner over and the two headed into St Denis.

"Take a left here." Charlotte called.

"I thought we were headed to the baker?"

"I have a surprise for you. Come on, over to the Dale's farm."

Heather looked over her shoulder to see Charlotte grinning devilishly, "What have you done Woman?"

They hitched Gunner up at the gate to the Dale's farm, horses and cattle filled the yard. Charlotte hopped the fence and beckoned Heather over to the farmhouse.

"Miss Locke! You are just in time. Tanner has just been bathed. Is this the lucky lady?"

"Indeed, she is." Charlotte beamed, "Can we see her?"

"Of course! Follow me ladies." Mr Dale rolled his shirt sleeves up as he led them towards his massive barn.

Inside, a stable hand was brushing down the most beautiful, grey dapple Fox Trotter Heather had ever laid eyes on.

"She's a beauty!" Heather squealed uncharacteristically, "May a pet her?"

"She is yours after all Miss."

"Mine? Charlotte. You did this? She must have cost a fortune!"

"I had plenty saved up. Since we're not moving around anymore, I thought you would finally have time for two horses."

Heather hugged Charlotte tight and kissed her forehead, "She's perfect. Thank you!"

"Now, she is about three years old, she has been broken in and rides like a dream. I see you have a big Shire out there. This is a very different horse, Miss. She's fast and light, she's stronger than she looks but she won't carry nearly as much as him." Mr. Dale smiled and nodded towards the horse, "Go on and meet her then, her name is Tanner."

They led the horses home. It was a slow process but a lovely walk. Tanner had taken an immediate shine to Gunner; he wasn't as certain about the newcomer though. Charlotte was poking fun at Heather's childlike enthusiasm when they got back to the house, the light atmosphere disappeared quickly though. They could hear shouting inside. It sounded like Michael.

"For God's sake." Charlotte growled and handed Gunner's reigns to Heather, "Just one day. One day without everyone's drama." She stormed into the house shotgun drawn. Heather hitched the horses and ran in after her.

Charlotte followed the noise to the bedroom where she found Ripley curled into the corner of the bed, Yuliy sat beside her. Seras stood in front of the bed, fur on edge, growling fiercely at Michael, who had stopped yelling at the sound of Charlotte's return. Jake had a hand on Michael's chest.

Charlotte cocked the shotgun loudly, "Now I know none of us are famous for our manners, but I will not have guns pointed at an injured girl in my house."
"It's not her, it's this halfwit! He's driving me insane. The lot of you are!" Michael bellowed pointing at Yuliy. The movement made Seras lunge.

"Seras! Heal." Heather called. The wolf slunk over to her, never taking her eyes off Michael. Jake started to explain what had happened, but Charlotte interrupted him.

"I don't really care what the situation is." Charlotte stepped in front of Michael, seemingly unaware, or unbothered by how much bigger he was, "You might be the leader of this 'Family' but in my house you will follow my rules. Or you can sleep with the horses. Is that understood?"

The whites of Michael's eyes were red with rage, but he holstered his weapon and nodded.

"It seems you've made an enemy of Seras here. She is not a good enemy to have. You best give her and these two," she looked over her shoulder at Yuliy and Ripley, "some space."

"Come on." Jake took Michael's arm and led him out of the bedroom.

Charlotte shooed Yuliy off the bed and helped Ripley lay back down.

"I'm sorry." She said meekly.

"Don't you worry about that Darlin'. It's not your fault." Charlotte fussed with the blanket and Heather brought over some water. Seras had taken back her place at Yuliy's side, softly licking his hand.

Heather walked over to him, "What is going on here?" She signed.

He shook his head, "Nothing. I'm fine."

She rolled her eyes and patted his shoulder, "You are always welcome here, her too." She nodded over at Ripley. Yuliy nodded and sat on the floor beside Seras.
"Something isn't right here, Char." Heather mused as the two got Tanner set up for the night.

"No, but at the end of the day it's not our business. We don't need any more trouble for a while. Leave it be. Jake said they'll be on their way in the morning."
Back to top Go down
https://reddeadstories.forumotion.com

Home Sweet Home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Red Dead Stories :: Short Stories :: Home Sweet Home?-
Jump to: