Red Dead Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for our red dead stories

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homecoming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Homecoming   Homecoming EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 am

After five days in the mountains, hidden away as Dickface recovered his strength, they finally made the journey back home. Shedding jackets and cold weather clothes as they reached the warmer Heartlands.

Things seemed calmer now. The demon that haunted him quietened somewhat by the cross trinket Sister Calderon had given Jake. It wasn't the cure they were searching for, but for the time being at least it seemed to have the beast subdued.

Until they could figure out what was next.

They joke as they ride, about finding their little homestead burned down by the clutzy family they'd pieced together. It turns out their fears were not unfounded.

"What the hell?" Jake murmurs as they approach the clearing, hearing raised voices even from a distance.

"You cant make me!" Valerie screams it at her brother as she bursts out of the cabin, Leon chasing after her.

"You can't stay here! you don't even know these people!" Leon argues.

"Neither do you!" She counters, pointing angrily at him as she spins on her heel to face him.

Leon sighs. "I think I know you better than a bunch of criminals and outlaws. They ain't good people, sweetpea, I ain't leavin' you here with them."

"They ARE good people. They helped me!" She huffs.

"They're using you. Takin' advantage, what was Dickface even doing takin' you all the way out in to them mountains?!"

Valerie flails her arms angrily, "why do you even CARE?!"

"Because you're my sister."

"Only when it suits you." She fires back at him, bitterness in her eyes that cuts through Leon like a knife.

"That ain't fair.." he defends himself, but it's a weak sounding thing.

"Neither is accusing people you don't even know of being bad people! Dickface took me out there for a reason.."

"What reason?! What are those marks on your neck!"

"Nothing! It was just.. a test! You have to earn your place here, you wouldn't understand. You never WANT to understand." She shouts at him angrily, her fists balling.

Leon holds a hand out to her in an attempt to calm. "This ain't like with father, I'm not leaving you behind in the hands of some monster, not again. Come with me, Val.."

"Pffft.." she blows him off and turns away, and as she does, Leon loses his cool and reaches for her. Grasping her arm he hooks the other around her middle and lifts her from her feet. If she wasn't going to come of her own accord, then he was damn well just going to carry her out of here. She screams like a banshee.

"We're leavin'.. I got a ranch out East, good people.. you'll like em.."

Valerie fights and squirms, as Jake and Dickface - still watching the commotion - drop down from their horses.

"We should stop him, she can't go.." Dickface says absently, rubbing the side of his head as though a headache was coming on.

Jake glances at him, frowning. He doesn't get a chance to question his motives though, as Valerie grabs her brothers forearm and bites in to it, hard.

"OW!" Leon drops her immediately, clutching at the spot and staring in disbelief at his sister.

"I'm not going! I LIKE these people. I'm staying." She snaps at him, and before he can answer she bolts in to the barn where Yuliy and the others gathered. Watching his sister go, Leon glowers after her, rubbing the bite mark and trying to make sense of the entire situation. Isabella - who had been watching the entire exchange from outside her tent - makes her way over to him.

"You okay?" She asks, resting a gentle hand upon his back.

Pondering his answer, he looks back to her with a listless shrug. "I suppose. Guess I'm stayin' too. I ain't leavin' her, not again."

Isabella nods. "I'll speak to Jake." She vows. "Sure he'll be glad of an extra set of hands round here at the very least."

"What about you?" Leon arches a brow toward her, "mean you're gonna stay too?"

There's a kind of hope in his voice, and a smile flickers across her face. "For now."

Outside the cabin, Dickface and Jake hitch their horses. Jake affectionately pats Dickface's back as they scale the wooden steps to the front door.

"Ahh, home sweet home." He chuckles.

Dickface just rolls his eyes. "Remind me again why we keep them around?" he asks, dumping his things down on to the table inside the door.

Jake smiles at him, shutting them away from the chaos outside. "To do a good thing?" he suggests, "give 'em a purpose. A place to be. A better start than the one they got."

Turning away, Dickface catches sight of himself in the mirror. Jake sits on the edge of the bed, unfastening his gun belt.

"Whats that look for?" he asks curiously, catching the vague smirk on Dickface's face in the reflection. The other man quickly turns, shaking his head and crossing over to him.

"Nothing. It's good to be home." He brushes off the look and invites himself in to Jake's arms.

Jake welcomes him gladly. "Hope I locked the door.." he laughs quietly.

It was good to be home.
Back to top Go down
https://reddeadstories.forumotion.com

Homecoming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Red Dead Stories :: Stories :: Finding A Valentine :: Homecoming-
Jump to: